Monday, September 21, 2015

Loved By The King



Well..the final countdown is on…26 treatments down, 4 to go!! After his last treatment this Thursday, Kyle will sound the gong, (literally) symbolizing his victorious completion of proton radiation and ending this whirlwind of an adventure. And an adventure it has been! This past week, our kiddos enjoyed having their Pa and Grandma come and we were all spoiled by them! Thank you mom and dad for your visit and adventurous spirit! Our kids will have a lot of great memories of living in Texas, and for that I am truly thankful!!

Kyle is amazing. (No..he did not just sneak on the blog and write that:)) He is always defying the odds. Although he is struggling a bit with sleeping, he honestly has been feeling great! His energy levels have never dropped, his appetite is as crazy as ever (as my parents can attest) and he is having a blast spending time with his family. His doctor here is extremely pleased with how well he is feeling and doing. We had our last appointment with her on Friday and she mentioned a few times how amazing Kyle has done! And we give God all the praise for that! Please pray for us that the move back home will go well. We also ask for prayers concerning Kyle’s sleep. The medication he is currently taking is causing a bit of insomnia.

Although Kyle is doing SO well, these past few days have been a little rough. Our sweet little Benny boy has had quite the flu bug. I won’t get into any details, but let’s just say I’ve been doing about 10 loads of laundry a day! Bennett’s name means ‘little blessed one’ and he really lives up to his name. He was just over a month old when we got the news that the tumour cells were starting to come back. As I held my sweet baby in my arms while the doctor told us the news, we both looked at our ‘little blessed one’ and knew in our hearts that God wanted us BOTH to see him grow, develop and watch him have a family of his own someday.  He was a reminder to us in those dark days that God’s promises are true and that His love for us is so infinite! When Kyle was first diagnosed 5 years ago, one of the first things he ever shared with me was how heartbroken he was that he might not get to see me have his children. But, during a prayer over us, a special lady from Texas heard from God, a promise- that Kyle will have a long, prosperous and abundant life! We have held onto this promise throughout these past five years and Bennett is just one of Kyle’s amazing “abundant” blessings!
Becoming a parent was life changing for us in so many ways, but it truly changed our perspective on “God the Father”.  We felt this indescribable love and protection over our children and came to realize that God’s love for us is greater than the love we have for our kids! When we began to grasp this kind of love our whole outlook on life began to change. The feelings of guilt, worthlessness or loneliness started to fade and we started viewing ourselves, as well as others, as valued, admired and precious royalty of the Great King!  No matter our past mistakes or future ones, God’s grace and love for us never changes. And this grace and love is extended to ALL!!! This love of God is something we are still learning and growing in. When I saw Kyle holding our precious little Bennett the other night, who was feeling so unwell, it really hurt my heart! I kept thinking, if only I could switch positions with him..I would!! If only I could take his pain for him…I would! If only I could make him feel better instantly…I would! And as I was thinking these thoughts my eyes settled on his father holding him. And you know what God spoke to me in the quiet of that night? God was looking at Kyle as his precious child and said if I could switch positions with him…I would! If I could take his pain for him…I would! If I could make him feel better..I would…
And you know what Lindsay? I did.

Romans 8: 31-39 God’s Everlasting Love
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be[i] against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.[j] 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
You are God’s precious child, loved by the King!
Blessings,
The DeKonings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qpqu-yDkI
 (How Can I Keep From Singing -Chris Tomlin) 


No comments:

Post a Comment